China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) is a global development project that has captured the attention of the world.
CPEC aims to rebuild the old Silk-route by executing the “One Belt, One Road” vision. It is not just a link between China and Pakistan but a framework connecting 63 countries of the world spread across continents.
This fact has made CPEC the centre of global investment pull and has opened new markets and lucrative opportunities.
Projects worth billions of dollars, will be completed throughout Pakistan in the next few years, with the bulk of them centered in Gwadar.
CPEC is geared to develop projects worth $70 billion in Pakistan which will stimulate unheard-of economic activity and growth.
Key CPEC Projects :
• $1.65 Billion, Karot hydropower project, which will produce 720MW
• $ 2.8 Billion, Thar coal-fired power plant, which will produce 1,980MW
• $2.2 Billion, Development of two Thar coal mining blocks
• $2 Billion, Imported coal-based power plants at Port Qasim with the capacity of 1,320MW
• $1.3 Billion, Solar park in Bahawalpur worth 900MW
• $930 Million, Havelian-Islamabad link of the Karakoram Highway
• $260 Million, Wind farm at Jhimpir for 260MW
• Optical Fiber Cable from Rawapindi to Khunjrab
• $2 Billion, The Gwadar-Nawabshah natural gas pipeline
• $230 Million, The Gwadar International Airport. It will be the Largest Airport in Pakistan.
• $130 Million, Fresh Water treatment and distribution facilities
• $140.6 Million, Gwadar East Bay Expressway
• $123 Million, Construction of break water
• $100 Million, Pak China Friendship Hospital
• Development of 2,300 Acre Free Zone
• $360 Million, Coal power plant at Gwadar port